In the last fews months before we opened the doors to Miramar Farms, I set to work on creating a “signature” cookie. I wanted it to be healthy and delicious; to satisfy the afternoon sugar craving but also offer lots of protein for energy. I started with the Quaker Oats Vanishing Oatmeal Cookie recipe as a base, but added more nuts, more cinnamon and my favorite dried cranberries to build the perfect cookie!
Tip: Make this dough the day before and let the flavors meld overnight in the refrigerator. You’ll get a cookie that is wonderfully crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tbsp. butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups Quaker Oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool Completely.